To keep our body fit and healthy, we humans try different types of methods. One of the most effective and best thing to loose weight is called ‘Bottle gourd juice’. Bottle gourd is vegetable with very fewer calories and rich in fibres. Today we will be discussing about the mechanism of Bottle gourd juice before loosing weight.
What is Bottle gourd?
The bottle gourd is yellowish-green in colour and usually in the shape of a bottle. The vegetable has a white pulp, with white seeds embedded in the spongy flesh. It is cultivated in the humid weather of Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, China, tropical Africa and South America. It is also locally known in many places as bottle squash, white gourd, trumpet gourd, lauki, doodhi, ghia and calabash gourd.
When lauki is cooked or juiced, it has proven to have sedative and anti-bilious properties. Eating lauki gives a relaxed feeling.
Now we will be telling you the calorie content of Bottle gourd, it will simplify its benefits and usefulness.
Bottle gourd – Calorie content
- 100 g of bottle gourd contains 15 calories.
- 100 g for edible portion contains 1 g fat. Its water content is 96%.
- It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, high in dietary fibre, Vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc, thiamine, iron, magnesium and manganese.
How Bottle gourd juice helps to loose weight?
Bottle gourd is one of the best foods you can have if you want to lose weight as it is 96% water, and a 100g serving contains as little as 12 calories. Since from immemorial times, bottle gourd juice has been known to loose weight. If you take the juice in the morning, you are having a fiber rich start, hence you are not ravenous for breakfast and do not overeat at breakfast.
The metals and vitamins present also helps to cut down extra fat from your body, and with a regular use you will feel very light and eased.
How to prepare Bottle gourd juice?
The preparation is quite easier and takes no time, have a look to the following points.
- First what you need to do is cut off a piece from the end and taste it. It is better not to use a lauki that tastes bitter.
- Then peel off off the entire skin from the lauki and cut it into pieces. Blend those pieces in a blender.
- Add black pepper and salt according to taste. Adding mint leaves can also enhance the taste.
- You can also add some pieces of lemon to make the lauki juice taste better and rich in antioxidants.
- It is not advisable to mix other vegetables with Lauki juice, as it might have a more negative affect on your health.
In short, bottle gourd is great for good health body and mind. Adopt it in your lifestyle to feel a world of difference. Take care and live well
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.