Everyone wants to remain healthy and stay fit! Through a healthy being only, we can achieve all the successes of life. Have you ever seen a sick, lean and unhealthy person in the success list. Exactly, the answer is no! To stay healthy, we guys opt to several costly products, dietary supplements, tough training and many more. Yes, these are good but the same thing (health) you can own using your kitchen ingredients. Many of you must be surprised how kitchen ingredients can be such a great remedy.
Strange but true! Following we will be talking about top 10 kitchen ingredients/spices which are the best, and if used in adequate amount they can even act as the nectar for your lives. So, have a look-
Top 5 kitchen ingredients/spices for healthy living:-
Kitchen ingredients mostly refers to spices and here we will be talking about the same. I am sure you will be shocked after reading the curative properties of such simpler products.
Cinnamon also called ‘dalchini’ is one of the most fragrant and the widely used spice. It is bitter, sweet-smelling, aromatic and carminative in nature. The bark and the oil are usable of this. Apart from used as a spice, this is a potent medicine too. It is used to cure disorders in the following way-
- In case of headache, rub its oil onto the forehead. It gives relax in few times it cures the symptoms.
- To arrest foul odour emitting from mouth, chew a piece of cinnamon bark thrice a day after meals.
- To cure indigestion, boil 2-3 stick of cinnamon in a glass of water. Cool down and have it. It is very good and efficient to cure such problems.
Turmeric also called ‘Haldi’ is a small perennial herb whose rhizome part is used in both fresh and dry state. It is thermogenic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, laxative and diuretic in nature. It acts as a potent medicine in the following ways-
- In case of fevers, make a decoction using 1 tablespoon of turmeric, ginger pieces, black pepper and water. It should be given thrice a day for better results.
- For seasonal ailments, give a glass of warm milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- For Bronchitis, take one teaspoon of turmeric powder with warm water thrice a day.
- To get relief from blackheads, acne and pimples; mix equal amount of turmeric powder and gram flour in curd. Make a paste and apply all over the face. Repeat this for once or twice a week.
3. Black pepper–
Black pepper also called ‘Kali mirch‘ is the small gram shaped balls which are bitter and pungent in taste. It is used as a rational spice in Indian cooking and also in many other cuisines. It is antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral in nature. It is a very efficient remedy in the following ways-
- If suffering from throat irritation or seasonal flu; add black pepper in your herbal tea or have a decoction prepared of it.
- Have black pepper in your daily diet for an improved immunity.
- Powdered black pepper should be used in food stuffs as it increases the saliva secretion hence helps to engulf your food easily.
Cardamom is a sweet-smelling, tall perennial herb which is aromatic, digestive, expectorant, diuretic spice which is widely used in Biryanis, sweet dishes, desserts and many other dishes. The seeds and oil of cardamom plant is usable. It also acts as a medicine through the following ways-
- For headache, make a paste of skin of large cardamom and apply on the forehead. It is soothing in nature and makes you calm in few minutes only.
- The paste of cardamom root given with cow’s ghee is very good to cure heart diseases.
- To drive away nausea, boil cardamom fruit with some ginger pieces in a glass of water and allow it to cool. Take this water thrice a day.
Saffron also called ‘kesar’ is one of the most expensive spices. These are simply the strands on the saffron flower. It is small bulbous and perennial herb which grows as the blue coloured flowers. The dried stigmas are used which is stimulant, antispasmodic and diuretic in nature. It is especially used in dessert items and give natural colour to the food. It also acts as a potent medicine, if used through the following ways-
- To cure headache, mix few saffron strands in milk and apply over the forehead. It shows result in few minutes only.
- For the alopecia treatment, saffron mixed in liquorice and milk should be applied on the bald patches.
- For a sharp memory and bright complexion, daily have a glass of milk with few strands of saffron in it.
So, in this way we saw how these simpler ingredients can be so useful to cure ailments and health promoting even. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.