People are often willing to try anything that promises to help them lose weight because they want to look or feel better. Companies that promote fad diets take advantage of this fact. They appeal to people by promising weight loss that are very quick and easy.A fad diet is a diet that promises of weight loss. There will be no long term weight loss by taking these diets rather they are not very healthy rather these diets are very dangerous. Most of the youngsters get attracted to fad diets in order to lose weight quickly but they end up by giving harm to their system. It is really an impossible task for a healthy, normally active person to lose weight in 2-3 days. Losing weight by fad diet is only a myth. Unfortunately, many people get attracted to this due to the lack of awareness.There are many natural Home remedies for weight loss from your kitchen. Check out these 10 best home made remedies for weight loss sitting at home.
Fad diet claim that their ingredients speed up metabolism, suppress appetite or block the absorption of fat, carbohydrates, sugar etc. without understanding the physiology of human body. Further, there is no reliable research to prove their claims. If one wants to lose weight, one must lose it by natural methods in the supervision of a qualified ayurvedic doctor or a dietitian.
Very Low Calorie Diets(VLCDs)- These diets contain less than 80 Kcals per day. This can result in various heart problems like- rhythm fluctuations which can be fatal. Common side effects include- fatigue, dizziness, weakness, hair loss, constipation, dry nails, brittle nails and many more complications.
Miracle foods that recommend certain foods or their special, fat-burning, metabolic or secret ingredient are most likely untrue. It is impossible to increase your metabolism or burn fat by the consumption of just single food in diet.
10 Red flags that signal bad nutrition advice-
- Certain recommendations that promise a quick fix.
- Claims that sound too good to be true.
- Dire warnings of dangers from a single product or regimen.
- Dramatic statements that are refuted by reputable scientific organisations.
- Simplistic conclusions drawn from a complex study.
- Lists of “good” and “bad” foods.
- Recommendations based on studies published without peer view.
- Recommendations made to help sell a product.
- Recommendations from studies that ignore differences among individuals or groups.
- Certain recommendations that are based on a single study.
Understanding over-weight through Ayurveda
- According to Ayurveda, there are 7 tissues in human body. These are- nutritive part of digested food(Rasa dhatu), blood(Rakta dhatu), muscle(Mamsa dhatu), fat(Meda dhatu), bone(Asthi dhatu), bone marrow(Majja dhatu), reproductive system including semen, sperm, ovum(Shukra dhatu).
- Food nourishes rasa dhatu and rasa dhatu inturns nourishes blood (rakta dhatu) which nourishes muscles and so on. Prior dhatu gets converted into next and so on. In weight gain or obesity, there is a problem that at level of Meda dhatu(fat tissue) nourishing Asthi dhatu(bone), this nutrition shift is not proper or gets hampered and more of fat tissue is produced but conversions to other forms do not take place into Asthi(bone), Majja(bone marrow) and shukra(reproductive system) thus leading to blockage of nutrition from Meda to Asthi.
- In addition, excess fat causes increase of digestive fire. So, person will eat more but the digestion process takes place till the level of fat tissue and gets hampered there and as a result more and more fat is produced. Without nourishing further, person keeps on gaining weight.
- Further according to Ayurveda, in obesity there is an increase in Vata dosha. Just as wind causes an increase in fire, Vata resides in stomach and maintains digestive fire.
- Fat tissue and Kapha dosha are inter-connected. So according to Indian system of medicine, obesity is due to hampered conversion of Meda dhatu, increase of digestive fire, imbalance or vitiation of Vata dosha and increase of Kapha dosha.
- Ayurvedic treatment includes decoction enema also called Kashaya basti which helps to balance Vata and also useful in correcting the process of conversion of fat tissue into bone tissue.
What are the causes of weight gain?
- Excess intake of food
- Excess intake of heavy, sweet and oily foods
- Lack of physical exercise
- Day sleeping
- Metabolic disorders like- thyroid etc.
Natural home remedies for weight loss:
- Take a cup of water mixed with honey in the morning to balance Vata- Kapha dosha.
- Increase the consumption of barley in diet. It will not contribute to body calories as well as digestion will also improve. Chapatis of barley can be consumed instead of wheat.c
- Buttermilk with spices such as- black pepper acts as a catalyst to bring the transformation of fat tissue.
- Triphala and Guduchi(Tinospora cordifolia) are very useful in correcting the fat-bone tissue transition. Taking triphala powder at night is very beneficial.
- Regular exercise schedule must be followed.
- Eat slowly. It will decrease hunger.
- Exclude sweets, cold drinks, tea, coffee, bakery products, junk food from your diet.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will flush out toxins from the body.
- Drink a spoonful of lemon juice and honey on empty stomach. Then drink a glass of warm water.
- Be active throughout the day. Don’t sit at one place for longer duration.
Various Ayurvedic medicines for weight loss are- Triphala guggul, Kumaryaasav, Varadi Kashayam, Lodhraasav etc. but these medicines must be taken in the supervision of an expert Ayurvedic physician as we all are unique. Ayurvedic physician will decide the right food and medicines for the patients depending upon the Prakriti of the patient.
So there are many natural ways available for weight loss which makes your body slim, active and beautiful. A good body shape is a dream of many people but the concept of fad foods must not be tried at any cost as it will destroy your health and gives rise to various metabolic and other disorders because starvation for longer time for weight loss makes no sense. So friends, your health is completely in your hands. Just don’t waste your health by reading from unauthenticated sources. Take the help of an expert Ayurvedic physician. Remember there is no miracle remedy that’ll lead to weight loss in just few days.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.