What is the thing which helps to munch your delicious food? What is thing, without whom your face looks disastrous or incomplete? It’s the ‘teeth‘. Our teeth and bones; both are made of calcium and other mineral deposits. They are high in density and are very strong as stones. Our whitish and pearly teeth also has to suffer from many dental problems which are quite painful and hate-able ones.
Here. we will be talking about one of the commonly seen dental problems called ‘Toothache’. Toothache can be due to many reasons such as tooth decay. cavities, infections, loss of enamel and many more.
A specialist expert in tooth and tooth problems; is called a ‘Dentist‘. When you suffer any kind of oral problems or want a routine oral check-up; then you should visit a dentist. Teeth are one of the important parts of our body which are the hardest substances in the human body. Besides being essential for chewing, the teeth play an important role in speech. They are present in two sets as on the upper ja and on the lower jaw. Teeth size differs as per the species such as humans, carnivores, rabbits etc. Our teeth are also of different types; they are divided into four types with their respective shapes and functions.
Four types of Teeth:-
• Incisors (8 total): The middle most four teeth on the upper and lower jaws.
• Canines (4 total): The pointed teeth just outside the incisors.
• Premolars (8 total): Teeth between the canines and molars.
• Molars (8 total): Flat teeth in the rear of the mouth, best at grinding food.
• Wisdom teeth or third molars (4 total): These teeth erupt at around age 18, but are often surgically removed to prevent displacement of other teeth.
Now, we will be talking about toothache. Toothache can be shrilly, low, high, painful, sensitive pain etc. It is similar like; when the root of some plant is inflamed then as a fact whole shoot part suffers. Similarly, in toothache mostly the inner side gets spoiled leading to heavy pain. But, as a fact; it is very painful one. They are irrelevant and many times gets so severe that one needs to get some anaesthesia.
Symptoms of Toothache:-
- Bleeding from gums
- Foul smell from the infected tooth
- Spoil drainage from the tooth
- Headache and nausea
- A kind of shrilly and inevitable pain
- Bone to become infected
- Pus from gums
- Pain when you bite
- A foul-tasting discharge
- Continuous lasting pain
Is there any treatment?
The treatment of toothache depends upon the problem due to which it is caused. Like if the toothache is due to sensitivity; then you will get some ointments and lotions for it; if it is due to dental decay then the case gets much conflicted and many other procedures like removal of teeth, surgery, etc are done. If the disorder is from the soft enamel side then drilling or filling procedure with some metals are done. There are many drugs, toothpaste, medications etc available to cure the toothache with ease.
These were the allopathic or the use of modern medicine to treat the disease. Now, we shall be discussing about the home as well as the herbal remedies through which you can get rid of toothache.
Herbal Remedies for toothache:-
- Dab some clove oil directly on your bad tooth. Clove oil has remarkable bacteria-slaying properties; and it also has a numbing effect, which is why it’s a long time folk remedy for toothache. Today we know that this extract from the clove bud contains eugenol, which acts as a local anaesthetic. The oil may sting at first, but then blissful relief sets in.
- Use peppermint tea for cure. Boil the leaves of peppermint in a glass of water. As it gets cool, use it to gargle and swish it around your aching teeth. It inhibits the bacterial function thus cures the pain.
- Take a teaspoon of rock salt and add few drop of mustard oil to it. Mix well and apply on the teeth and scrub gently. It also kills the bacteria thus providing you relief.
- Cut a slice of raw fresh onion, place it in the general area of your mouth where it hurts or directly on the affected tooth/gum. It works immediately and inhibits the pain.
- Put few drops of Oregano oil to the aching tooth and make it soak for few minutes. It tastes bad but has antibiotic properties in it which cures the toothache.
- Apply the Lavender oil externally on the tooth side. It is very useful filled with analgesic properties in it.
- Take turmeric powder and use it as a tooth powder. It is a very good remedy thus to cure tooth pain.
Tips for whiter and healthier teeth:-
Now, here are some of the prevention tips which must be performed to stay away from tooth problems-
- Brush twice a day; use brush with soft bristles.
- Change your toothbrush twice a year. It comes under the good habits itself.
- After brushing your teeth, apply some lemon juice over it and rub using your fingers.
- Floss every week. It is the good yet efficient way to remove all kinds of particles trapped between the teeth.
- Use good quality of toothpaste which has very less or free from artificial elements.
- Don’t make your teeth; crack any hard things like walnut shells etc.
So, these were some of the tips to get rid of toothache. You need to stay physically well, in order to remain mentally active. Take care and live well.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.