Before the invention of fire, man’s evolution and development depended on the consumption of natural, raw foods; as provided by nature. Homo sapiens even used to east raw grasses and anything which was grown on soil. After fire came into existence, man started cooking natural foods without much thought. Today when someone wants to recover health or even in some festive occasions; raw food are prescribed. There must be some scientific significance in this, that is why eating raw food is so compulsory and beneficial in the present date even.
Hippocrates, who is also known as ‘the father of medicine’; said “Let food be thy medicine and let medicine be thy food.” Eating should not be considered as a trivial affair. One should plan their daily diet in a strict and eased way. For what we eat, has a profound effect on our health and longevity. Latest researches shows that food can provide health, vigour, vitality and free us from various diseases; or it can even make us unhealthy and miserable. It depends upon the food type and its nutritive value that we consume. Now, we will be moving to the details of Raw food. In this article, we will be learning the following.
- What are Raw food
- Benefits of Raw food
- How Raw food helps in balancing the body chemistry
After covering these topics, you will be able to compare between raw food as well as the cooked food-
1. What are Raw food?
Fruits and vegetables are naturally prepared; after that we humans cook it through various processes to make it tasty, crunchy, spicy etc. For the taste, we humans tend to destroy the natural properties of it. A raw food diet is not only a diet; but it’s also a way for complete and overall health. Science now proves that cooking not only destroys nutrition and enzymes but chemically changes foods from the substances needed for health into acid-forming toxins, free-radicals and poisons that destroy our health! All the food stuffs which are directly derived from plants; comes under the category of Raw food.
2. What are the benefits of Raw food?
There are several factual descriptions that raw food are these, raw food are that but you must also be eager and willing to know, how actually row foods are good. What are the benefits in it and so on. Well, now we will be knowing the benefits of raw food.
Benefits of Raw food:-
Now, you must be thinking; what are the advantages of raw food over the cooked ones. Raw foods differ in nature from cooked foods, irrespective of their degree of cooking. They have certain distinctive advantage.There are numerous benefits of raw food which are listed as below-
- Raw food contain certain vital ingredients which are essential for the maintenance of good health.
- Raw food also serve as building material for the construction and renewal of cells which helps them to produce energy and also to provide warmth to body.
- It also helps to supply raw materials to the specialized cells needed for their productive activities.
- It provides natural nutrition that ensures the normal functioning of all body organs.
- Those who eat raw foods make use of the digestive organs at about one-fourth of their potential capacity.
- Raw food also keeps your organs fit and young for a long time.
- The most important effect of raw foods on health is in its healing and preventive powers as disease-fighting dietary antioxidants.
- Raw foods like fresh fruits and raw vegetables, especially the deep coloured ones contains strong antioxidants.
3. How Raw food helps in balancing the body chemistry?
What is body chemistry? Today, even when we get headache; we opt for aspirin and other drugs instead of natural ways. For the sick, positive natural foods are the true medicine not the drugs; which are not conductive to health as all of them have adverse side-effects. For the healthy, natural foods are the means of freedom from disease. Hippocrates fully believed that natural foods have unlimited power to sustain health and restore it when lost. Experiments conducted at various research laboratories throughout the world have clearly established the merit and value of raw food in the treatment of several diseases.
Dr. W. Heupe, while working at the University Medical Polyclinic in Frankfurt, reported that a raw food diet aided in the treatment of diarrhoea of children, in heart and kidney diseases and in obesity and diabetes. There has been an increase in the variety of frequency of diseases in proportion to the process of the degeneration of food-stuffs through refining and cooking.
The adoption of raw eating can thus free mankind from all diseases. Raw foods contain all the essential vitamins, minerals, trace elements and other constituents whereas it is present in small amounts in refined and cooked foods. So guys, now choose yourself; what will be your diet!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.