Hello all! Today we will be talking about a disease which is mostly seen during changing seasons and winters. It is Chicken pox. It is one of the highly contagious disease.
What is Chicken Pox?
Chicken pox is a chronic kind of communicable disease that is viral in nature. As we know, viruses are like the borderline between living and non-living. When they receive moisture from receptors they gets alive and are capable for the transmission of various kinds of disease.
Best time for disease spread:
Time period between Octobers to January is the most suitable time for the spread of chickenpox. Mostly, in this time line our immune system seems to be restless and as a result this chronic disease attacks us.
Pathogen for Chicken pox:
The pathogen virus responsible for chickenpox is “Varicella-zoster”. In medical term, chickenpox is also called ‘varicella’.
Transmission of the disease:
Chickenpox is an airborne disease that can be easily spread through coughing, sneezing or by the body fluids of infected individual. This very illness begins with redness and itching in skin.
Kids under 12 are most likely to be affected by it, because at that time their immunity is not properly developed. Chickenpox can also affect primates apes like monkeys, gorillas and so on.
But it is a fact, those who once attacked with chickenpox develops lifetime immunity. It is very rare for them to again suffer from chickenpox.
Signs and Symptoms of Chicken pox:
Usually, symptoms begin with redness in skin and occurrence of blisters/scabs. But in general, chickenpox can also be concluded by the symptoms given below-
- Headache or migraine
- Loss of appetite
- High fever
- Spots in oral cavity
- Redness and swelling of eyes
- Itching with redness and blisters with pus in it
- Gradual appearance of fluid-filled blisters
- Paused responding of taste buds
- It is rare but sometimes rashes occur in mouth also that makes it difficult to have food.
Well, sometimes the symptoms are neglected or are said as common. But, physically it can be diagnosed by the appearance of swollen red spots in torso to body portion.
- Sores can also occur in oral cavity that indicates the development of infection in body.
- Blood tests are also advisable if symptoms are seen. The blood sample is tested to get the confirmation of acute immunologic response.
- Sometimes, if the health begins to decline tissue culture of ‘fluid test’ is recommended by the doctors.
- In some cases, ultrasound can also be performed for prenatal diagnosis.
- If a pregnant lady is affected then amniocentesis is done to checkout whether the infection is hazardous for developing fetus or not.
- Because in this kind of severe illness, some deformalities can also occur in developing fetus.
Treatment for Chicken pox:
- Broadly it can be said, that there is probably no order cure for this infection because it is a mild- illness that holds time till the scabs blisters are properly dried.
- But somehow, there are several treatments or drugs available to cure this infectious disease.
- The virus ‘varicella zoster’ however retains in body for approximately one month.
- Some medicines such as aspirin, paracetamol, amoxycilline are used to cure the acute symptoms of fever, headache, nausea and so on.
- Aspirin is strictly contradicted in some cases of pregnant ladies and small kids because it can damage their liver and developing life.
- Antiviral drugs like acyclovir can be taken but only with the consultation of physician.
- These antiviral drugs is good but its gradual usage can be sometimes fatal.
- Patients are advised to stay hygienic in order to overcome any kind of secondary infections.
How the disease gets heavy?
Scratching or rubbing the blisters can be severe and can increase the infection. It is always advisable to get vaccinated earlier to be prevented from such kind of illness.
After the recovery, injections of varicella vaccine and VZV can be used for the complete stability of disease.
Prevention for Chicken pox:-
In the preventive measures, firstly vaccination against infectious ailments is very necessary. ‘
- Varicella vaccine’ is recommended as it destroys the occurring pathogens. Vaccination must be given in an interval of every 6 years.
- After the fluid-filled scabs are treated then some effective scabies lotion can be applied to cure itching.
- Avoid contact from those suffering from those suffering from chicken pox, as the infection can directly transmitted through air.
- Antimicrobial soaps or liquids can be used in order to resist germs.
- Hygiene plays a major role to resist all kinds of infectious ailments.
Proper care against Chicken pox:
Chickenpox mostly spreads during winters or monsoon seasons. In order to be protected, you have to be internally fit. It means proper diet, ample rest, exercises and mental peace is very necessary.
All these measures help you to be prevented from several kinds of chronic illness.
- After the blisters are properly treated, have foods rich in Vitamin E, A, K and C. These all will help to erase the dark spots.
- You can also use coconut water to apply on the spots; this will lighten your spots and will cure them.
So, this was the description of chronic illness Chicken pox. It is actually a mild-illness but is very annoying one. So, this winters take care of yourself and stay hygienic.
Hope this post was knowledgeable for you all! If you liked it, share in all the social medias and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!