Ginger is an herbaceous perennial plant belongs to family ‘Zingiberaceae’. In India, lot of genetic variation is seen in the production of ginger. It is loaded with nutrients and bio-active compounds that have powerful impacts on our body and brain. It is used in numerous forms like fresh, dried, pickled, candied, powdered etc. It has a sialagogue action which stimulates the production of saliva, makes easier swallowing. This herb has stunning benefits in many health related illness. Many studies have shown its amazing effects in staph infections. It has lot of anti-inflammatory properties, resolve brain inflammations, and ease variety of gut problems, such as acid reflux, IBS etc.
Traditional Ayurvedic medicine:
- Ginger is very common ingredient used in traditional Indian drinks and traditional medicinal remedies especially for cough and asthma.
- Ginger cure many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness as ginger appears to be highly effective against nausea.
Stroke and Heart Disease:
- Ginger have an anti-blood-clotting ability, yet garlic, ginger and onions when they’re eaten together protects against heart attacks and stroke.
Anti – Inflammatory Effects:
- It is enriched with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties as it contains gingerols. So many people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis experience reduction in their pain levels and improvements in their mobility by daily consumption of ginger.
- Proper food transport in the digestive tract is very important to stay healthy. Improper digestion can be a life-threating emergency as it can cause improper assimilation of the nutrients in the body. In such cases, body suffers from nutrient deficiencies i.e. malabsorption. Ginger promotes regular digestion and prevents the body from malabsorption.
Muscle pain and soreness:
- Daily consumption of ginger eased muscle pain leading to exercise-induced muscle injury. Due to this property of ginger, many people have seen relief from muscle pain and soreness.
- Ginger helps in lowering the blood sugar levels in the body. It enhances insulin sensitivity.
- Zingiber is strong antibiotic, it has the ability to kill Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes (harmful bacteria). So can be used in bacterial infections as well.
- Ginger acts as a painkiller also. It prevents cancer by many of its miracle properties. Michigan university researchers have found and gave this statement regarding ginger “Ginger treatment of cultured ovarian cancer cells induced profound growth inhibition in all cell lines tested.” Now ginger is considered as a strong remedy for cancer patients.
- Ginger (rhizome of Zingiber officinale) is widely used in gastrointestinal disorders, particularly dyspepsia. It is used in hyperactive states of gut- like colic and diarrhea due to its calcium antagonist effect.
- Ginger can be consumed as a dried or fresh root and is often prepared in teas, soft drinks and breads. Ginger plays an important role to reduce all symptoms associated with motion sickness including dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and cold sweating.
- Ginger can be placed at first prize for having the extract most effective at killing fungus. It acts as powerful antifungal punch over the disease face.
- Some active components of ginger are beneficial to stimulate digestion and absorption in the body, relieve constipation and flatulence by increasing muscular activity in the digestive tract. Ginger is equally beneficial in improving the risk factors that cause heart disease. It stimulates heart muscles.
Ginger helps to stop vomiting after surgery, and in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Uses of Zingiber officinale
- Ginger, the oldest herb in Ayurveda has a great history for getting relaxation from digestive problems and is optimally significant in cold, chills, flu, fever, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, chest congestion, sore throat, morning sickness and liver functions.
- Ginger is very beneficial during pregnancy for relief from nausea.
- It neutralizes toxins and stomach acids.
- Many allergies can be cured with the consumption of ginger, due to the presence of substance ‘antihistamine’.
- Being antimicrobial in nature, it helps to cure sores and wounds.
- It reduces the menstrual pain also.
- It maintains circulatory system by proper circulation in the body.
- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory property of this herb help in reducing joint pain of arthritis.
- It enhances the immune system of the body.
- It acts as a natural cleaner in the body by cleaning colon.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.