Since the endometriosis causes the inflammation in the body, the most important task is to reduce the inflammation in the body to improve the healing process. However natural remedies are utmost effective in curing inflammation and endometriosis. Natural remedies involves dietary measures, yoga, physical exercise, massage, hydrotherapy, herbs, vitamins and mineral therapy.
- Since the endometriosis is related to toxicity, exercise plays a major role as sweating will clean the glands which in turn is very useful for removal of toxins out of the body. A yogasana posture called Supta Baddha Konasana is very beneficial for relieving abdominal and pelvic pain.
- Appropriate dietary habits helps in preventing endometriosis. Avoid eating processed food, sugar, white flour, white rice, homogenized milk as these worsens the inflammation and hormone instability. Include brown rice, fresh vegetables, low fat protein, low sodium food, fresh fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Black Grapes and Pineapple in your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight to reduce excess estrogen as this often affects the endometrial tissue causing severe pain and bleeding. Vegetables such as Cabbage, Cauliflower and Broccoli improves the estrogen metabolism.
- Omega-3 fatty acid lowers the risk of endometriosis in women since it has a profound effect on balanced hormonal functioning. Include Salmon, tofu and flaxseeds in your diet which are the great natural source of Omega-3. Omega 3 is also available in fish oil capsules which are most preferable as it contains minimal amount of dioxins.
- Turmeric and Ginger has wonderful antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. Regular use of Turmeric and Ginger will reduce the inflammation. Ginger tea relieves the nausea which is associated with endometriosis. Turmeric is also available in capsule form.
- Regulating hormones and strengthening the immune system with dietary supplements is another option.
- Vitamin B: It is very much needed to breakdown excess oestrogen into less dangerous form. The B vitamins are necessary to convert essential fatty acids into prostaglandins which has a muscle relaxant properties and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin B6 and B1 can significantly relieve abdominal cramps during periods by regulating hormones.
- Vitamin C: It is the most important vitamin to boost the immune system so that the body can eliminate or destroy any toxins as they occur which in turn will prevent inflammation.
- Magnesium and Zinc: Magnesium is an excellent muscle relaxant which reduces the painful periods, abdominal cramp and pelvic pain. Zinc is very much needed for proper metabolism of fatty acids.
- Hydrotherapy: It is a kind of treatment which involves hot water therapy and cold water therapy to relieve the inflammation. Hot water hydrotherapy stimulates the blood flow in abdominal region which decreases the heavy blood flow in menstruation and hence reduces the abdominal cramps. Cold water hydrotherapy reduces the muscle activities in the abdominal region and hence reduces the inflammation.
Along with the nutritional diet, herbs can have a great impact in curing menstrual pain. Herbs along with appropriate diet works wonderfully in balancing the hormones. It also provides symptomatic relief which also reduces the intake of painkillers.
- Milk Thistle: It stimulates the liver functions and assists the liver in hormonal metabolism which is required to maintain hormonal balance. It also rejuvenates the liver cells.
- Agnus castus: It stimulates and normalises the pituitary gland functions which in turn balances the female hormones as pituitary gland controls and balances the hormones in the body.
- Echinacea: This herb boosts the immune system and increases the white blood cell count.
- Paeonia: It is a wonderful herb to treat endometriosis, irregular periods, painful periods and heavy periods. It is a muscle relaxant and anti inflammatory agent.
- Shatavari: Shatavari works wonderfully for overall female reproductive system. It is a rejuvenating and regenerative herb. It relieves stress, anxiety and spasmodic pain. Shatavari is also known as detoxifying herb.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.