There is no permanent treatment for allergies though herbal remedies for allergy are very effective to provide relief in the symptoms. There are various herbs like Haridra (Curcuma longa), Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock), Ashwagandha (Withania sominefera), Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum), Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum), Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)which help to strength our immune system and pacify the imbalanced doshas so as to provide relief in allergy.
So the herbal remedies for allergy is an effective way to get rid from this problem without causing any negative impacts on health. If you are looking for the herbal treatment then you must have patience because herbs try to uproot the ailment from root without having any adverse effects.
What is allergy?
Allergy is the response of our immune system to those substances which are harmless like dust mite, pollens, mold and certain foods. So in this case our immune system identifies these substances as harmful and create an inappropriate response.
Allergy may also due to the insect stings like bee or wasp, certain medications and by the touch of certain substances. Severity of allergy varies from person to person. Anaphylaxis is life threatening condition associated with allergy
Symptoms of allergy are
- Running or blocked nose.
- Shortness of breath.
- Raised itchy and red rashes named as hives.
- Swollen eyes, face, lips and tongue.
- Vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain.
Allergies are the result of impaired immune system which recognizes an allergen as harmful, though it is not. In ayurveda it is believed that there are three energies – vata, pitta and kapha which are essential for a healthy body. Vitiated pitta dosha results in the release of certain toxins in the deep tissues like rakta (blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), mamsa (muscles) and lasika (lymphatic system). So toxins (ama) accumulations result in various skin allergies. Whereas, imbalanced kapha dosha results in the respiratory allergies.
1.Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum) – Tulsi is also known as holy basil and has importance from medicinal as well as religious aspect. It is very useful to manage the allern gic reactions in the body and offers the good health benefits. It helps to maintain good health of immune system and respiratory system.
2 Haridra (curcuma longa) – Haridra (Curcuma longa) is known by other names like haldi, nisha etc. This herb is packed with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which are quite beneficial to pacify the symptoms associated with allergy. It helps to provide relief in skin itching red rashes, and hives.
3. Neem (Azadirachta indica) – Neem has the great medicinal importance in ayurveda and is known to be an effective herb for the treatment of skin allergies. This herb has blood purification properties and helps to remove the toxins from body. Neem is very beneficial and helps to provide relief from skin itching and skin rashes. It is also good for the swollen eyes, face, lips and tongue.
4. Ashwagandha (Withania sominifera) – Ashwagandha is also known as winter cherry and Indian ginseng. This herb is considered as the one of most potent herb in ayurveda. Ashwagandha helps to boost the immune system and increases the body’s capability to fight against any allergic reaction. It helps to provide the relief in symptoms associated with allergy like sneezing, running nose congestion, redness or swelling around eyes, vomiting, nausea, and skin rashes.
5. Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) – Vasa is also known to be very effective herb to manage the respiratory complications associated with allergy. This herb helps to pacify the aggravated doshas – vata, pitta and kapha. It is useful to provide relief in shortness of breath, running nose, sore throat nasal congestion and cough.
6. Anantmool (Tylphora asthmatica) – This herb is also coolant in nature and help to pacify the aggravated dosha. It is an effective herb to provide relief in the skin rashes, skin itching and hives. It is also known to be very effective in the case of symptoms associated with allergy like sneezing, running nose, congestion, redness or swelling around eyes.
7. Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – This herb acts as anti-histamine and thus provides the relief in all type of allergies like skin allergies, respiratory complications and other symptoms like Vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain.
8. Twak (Cinnnamomum zeylanica) – This herb has the great medicinal importance from ancient times and is very effective for the treatment of allergy. It helps to pacify the aggravated kapha dosha and supports the good health of respiratory system. This herb also provides the relief in the symptoms like nasal congestion, redness or swelling around eyes, nausea, vomiting, skin rashes and shortness of breath.
9. Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum) – It is anti inflammatory and anti allergic herb in properties and quite good for the treatment of various allergies.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.