PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is common problem among women in current going time. Disorder involving endocrine system, where sex hormones estrogen and progesterone levels are not in balance, which lead to women having enlarged ovaries containing numerous small fluid-filled sacs which surround the eggs. Its cause is uncertain, but accepted reasons are imbalance of hormones. Considered factors involve both genetic and environmental ones. Some risk factors leading to this condition is insulin resistance causing high levels of insulin which increases the level of androgen, Obesity.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) results into conditions like irregularity in periods, rapid weight gain, extra body hair growth, acne, hair loss and problem of infertility, among other symptoms.
Top 7 Home Remedies for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Natural remedies, you have to do a lifestyle change. For instance by maintaining the normal weight and engaging in regular exercises
Here is selection of some natural home remedies to improve the condition
- Turmeric, a sturdy antioxidant helps to detoxify body, take out harmful toxins, improving the immune system and restore health. It is able to maintain the appropriate balance between progesterone and estrogen which is required for normal fertility and also its anti-inflammatory property benefits by reducing inflammation. A beneficial home remedy for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
How to Cosumed
- It can be consumed as Warm Turmeric milk<
- Boil mixture of 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder added to cup of milk and keep it simmer for few minutes on low flame, then remove from heat and add a little honey. Have this daily 30 minutes before going to sleep.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is found as one of helpful remedy as it can improve PCOs condition by regulating normal levels of insulin in the body and controls blood sugar. Adequate level of insulin helps to keep the testosterone proper. Further it facilitates in losing weight.
How to Cure
- Consume 2 teaspoons every morning for a few weeks and it will bring reduction in symptoms of PCOS significantly.
- Other way- add 2 teaspoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a cup of water. Drink it daily on empty stomach, for several weeks for improvements.
- One can improve its taste by adding fruit juice.
Ginger is also another home remedy for PCOS, one of the effective way to naturally shrink ovarian cysts when taken in modest amounts. It provides stimulating effects on endocrine glands, leading to hormone balance which is one of the reasons with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
How to Consume
Take Ginger tea or fresh ginger root, grate it and use it as a condiment.
Lemon juice is enriched with calcium, potassium, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, riboflavin, magnesium, and pectin fiber and also consists of trace amounts of iron! All its element and their nutrition is quiet beneficial in relieving PCOS symptoms, and on other way, facilitates in losing weight. It is also able to reduce inflammation providing relief from PCOS.
- Flaxseeds are good in omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, omega 6 fatty acids and lignans, a protein that has capacity to declines androgen levels of i.e. naturally regulate hormone levels and promote ovulation.. Flaxseeds are also efficient in the utilization of glucose in the body, hence helpful in PCOS.
- It can be consumed either by adding ground flax seeds in daily food as in breakfast smoothie or cereal or can be eaten in snacks, but chew them well.
- Or blend a teaspoon of flaxseed in a glass of water and beverage untill you observe a change.
- Tulsi or Basil is helpful herb to decrease polycystic ovary syndrome symptoms. This is easily available herb, known to maintain the adequate production of androgens and normalize the insulin levels, aiding weight loss. Moreover having anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, all its properties provide relief from symptoms of PCOS.
There are many ways to use basil.
- Chew about 12 fresh holy basil leaves daily in morning before having breakfast.
- Alternatively one can have basil tea several times a day, by boiling the leaves in water
Licorice is another home remedy for PCOS, as it comprises glycyrrhizin which acts to impede the enzyme needed for production of testosterone and progresses the ovulation. This root is also effective to provide adjuvant therapy for women with hirsutism.
The exact and easy way to have this root is preparing licorice tea. Boil a teaspoon dried licorice root in a glass of water for about 10 minutes. It is beneficial to drink it three times daily for few weeks.
Apart from above remedies follow and implement few lifestyle changes in life:
- Keep weight in control
- Involve diet with lots of Soups, green vegetables and seasonal fruits.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily to get relief from PCOS naturally, which will flush out toxins from body that could possibly cause of hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise or Yoga- like Suryanamaskar and other yoga postures helpful prevent a woman from developing PCOS.
- Avoid stress, smoking and alcohol intake.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.