All over the world there are millions of patients suffering from Kidney diseases. Today Kidney diseases has become the synonym of ‘Death‘. These diseases are very fierce and gets serious in no time. Now, get treated of these afflictions using a very simple herb called ‘Gokhru‘.
Kidney diseases are also called Renal diseases. They are of many types, major as well as the major. The worst thing for this is; these are mostly detected when the 80% of the organ is damaged. There are many persons who do not afford such a huge amount to treat the disease.
Many times, when it comes about the transplant; people do not get appropriate organ as the same blood group. Hence, as a result mortality rate gets very high in such cases. This is why people are heavily feared of these diseases.
What Nature has gifted us?
The most beautiful and the precious gift nature has gifted us are ‘Herbs and Plants’. Many of don’t understand its value and treats them as the simple plant and greens. On the lap of Mother Nature, there is a herb called “Punctured vine or Gokhru” which has the capability to treat such diseases.
Today we will be talking about this magic herb which not only treats kidney diseases, but also has the potency to treat many other illness and ailments. Let us explore about the herb in detail.
What is Gokhru Herb?
Gokhru herb also called Punctured vine is a herb which looks like a weed plant and bears yellow flowers. This herb is found all over India but is more abundant in warm regions. It grows well in rainy season and the plant spread on the ground like hives.
Its branches are 2-3 ft long and spread all over. The leaves are similar to those of gram plant but a bit larger. Each leaf group has 4-7 pairs of leaves. The flowers are yellow, small, wheel-shaped and thorny. Most important part of the plant are its fruits.
The fruits are small, round pentagonal with 2-6 thorns and several seeds. It has soft and fibrous root which aree 4-5 inch long and light brown with distinctive smell.
In every regions and places, this very herb is called by various names. Let’s have a look to this.
Nomenclature of Gokhru herb:-
|English name||Punctured vine, Land caltrops|
|Botanical name||Tribulus terrestris|
|Hindi name||Gokhru, Hathchikar|
|Sanskrit name||Gokshur, Swadrishta, Chanadrum|
|Marathi name||Sarate, Kantagokharu|
|Bengali name||Gokhari, Gokshur|
Now, let us talk about the Health benefits of Gokhru or Punctured vine herb. As discussed, it is the boon for Kidney ailments. Apart from that, it has many more benefits too.
12 Medicinal benefits of Gokhru Herb:-
1. Boon for Kidney ailments–
- Decoction prepared with Gokhru fruits are very capable to treat real disorders.
- One should have the decoction twice a day for better results.
- Gokhru for kidney; is really an effective medicine.
2. Treatment for Gout–
Inflammation of the Gout and swelling in joints can be relieved using Gokhru
- Take equal quantities of Gokhru fruits and ginger root.
- Take 10-20 gm of the mixture and boil in 400 ml of water till water is reduced to 1/4th.
- Give the prepared decoction twice a day to the patient.
- It cures the swelling and relieves the pain too.
3. Treats Headache-
- Prepare a decoction of Gokru bark.
- Give 10-20 gm of this decoction twice a day.
- It cures the headache especially due to acidity.
4. Enhances Digestive power-
- Mix 5 gm powder of peepal with 100 ml decoction of Gokhru.
- Give this decoction in little amounts.
- It enhances the digestive power.
5. Aids in Dysuria-
- Soak 100gm whole plant in 1/2 liter of water for 2 hours.
- Then crush the contents and strain the solution.
- Give this to the patient thrice a day.
- It aids in eased urination and treats dysuria.
6. Helpful in Asthma–
- Give 2 gm powder of the pulp of its flowers.
- Add 2-3 dry fig in it and give this regularly thrice a day.
- Continue the treatment for few days.
- It cures the Asthma problem.
7. Treats Calculus-
Gokhru cures Calculus which is also known as the stone formation in organs
- Give 5 gm powdered Gokhru with 1 teaspoonful honey.
- Give the dosage thrice a day followed by goat milk.
- It cures the stones.
8. Aids in Bleeding diathesis-
- Take 10 gm of Gokhru with 250 ml milk.
- Boil it and give to the patient.
9. Treatment for Uterine colic-
Uterine colic is the swelling of uterus which generally appears after abortion
- Take 5 gm fruits of Gokhru with 5 gm black raisins and 2 gm liquorice root.
- Grind them all and give to the patient.
- In a few days of treatment it reduces the swelling and also treats the discomfort.
10. Erases Fever-
Gokhru is a good treatment for numerous types of Fever
- Boil 15 gm of Gokhru bark in 250 ml water till it is reduced to half.
- Strain the solution and divide into four doses.
- Give these doses four times a day.
- It cures fever.
- Give 2 gm powder of its bark orally, regularly.
- It cures the recurring fever.
11. Treatment for Tuberculosis–
- Give equal quantities of powder of Gokhru and winter cherry with 2 teaspoon of honey.
- Give this twice a day followed by 250 ml of milk.
- Within a few days of treatment, it cures Tuberculosis, Bronchitis, Asthma and weakness too.
12. Helps to Increase Potency-
- Boil 10 gm Gokhru with 10 gm Asparagus in 250 ml of milk.
- Give this to the patient once a day.
- It tones the reproductive organs and also increases the potency.
So in this way we saw how this small miraculous herb is able to heal numerous diseases. Guys, nature has provided us many things. Either we are not introduced to them or are just thinking them as fake things. Believe once and see its magic. Take care and live well!