Shankhpushpi is a herb plant, known for its multiple benefits. In all, it is highly popular for its brain development features. Today we will be talking about the benefits of Shankh pushpi.
Where the plants are found?
It is grass like plants, found in the rocky areas during rainy season. In some areas, it is found throughout the year.
How does it looks?
It is a perennial plant, which grow out and then spread all over the ground and grass. The leaves are 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch long, broad at base and taper towards tip.
Flowers are white or dark pink, and round like those of fennel. The fruits are brown in color, small, oily and shiny. Complete plant has violet colored hairs all over it.
Flowers, fruits, seeds, roots. The whole plant is usable.
It is astringent, cold potency, sticky and bitter. It promotes intellect and cures mental problems like epilepsy. It is beneficial for memory and endures physical strength. It is anthelmintic and antitoxic.
English name– Shankh pushpi
Hindi name– Shankhuli, Shankhpushpi
Sanskrit name– Shankh Malin, Shankhavha
Bengali name– Shankahuli
Family name– Convolvulaceae
Scientific name- Convolvulus microphyllus
Now, we shall be talking about the health benefits of Shankhpushpi.
Health benefits of Shankhpushpi:
1. Improves Memory intellect-
- Give 3-6 gm of its powder with sugar and milk every morning.
- It improves memory power.
- Give 2-4 gm of its powder with 1 gm of powder of bach to children regularly.
- It makes the child intelligent, sharp and bright.
- Give 3-6 gm of its powder with honey, followed by milk.
- It promotes intelligence.
2. Treatment for Epilepsy–
- Give 2 gm of its juice with honey, to the patient every morning and evening.
- It is beneficial in epilepsy.
- Take equal quantities of Shankhpushpi, bach and Indian Penny wort.
- Grind them to prepare powder.
- Give 3 gm of this powder, thrice a day.
- It cures epilepsy and anxiety disorders.
3. Aids in Headache–
- Take 1 gm Shankhpushpi and 250 mg ajowan.
- Give this to the patient with warm water.
- It cures headache within 5 minutes.
4. Controls Vomiting-
- Take 2 teaspoon juice of its whole plant and add a pinch of black pepper powder in it.
- Give this to the patient with honey, repeatedly.
- It controls vomiting.
5. Helpful cure for diabetes–
- Give 6 gm of its powder with cow’s butter or water to the patient, twice a day.
- It is beneficial in diabetes.
- To cure the weakness due to diabetes, give 2-4 gm powder of Shankhpushpi or its, 10-20 mg juice to the patient.
These were the health benefits of Shankhpushpi. If you too are suffering from any of the disorders listed above, then please give it a try.
Share your experience with us and do share the article to all. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.