Tobacco or Tambaku or Guthka is a very habit which is owned by many people. It is like an addiction, which has now became a kind of trend among youngsters and teenagers even. Chewing tobacco is same dangerous as having slow poison. It is like the time bomb, which slowly deletes our lives. Today we will be learning some of the tips to uproot the habit of chewing tobacco.
What is Tobacco?
Tobacco is a green, leafy plant that is grown in warm climates. After it is picked, it is dried, ground up, and used in different ways. It is also used to prepare cigarettes and other addictive products. Nicotine is one of the more than 4,000 chemicals in cigarettes and its smoke. It is an element which acts as a stimulant and speeds up the nervous system; it also raises the blood pressure and boosts our heart beats.
Killing signs of Tobacco:-
It is well-written on the packet of every addictive elements, ‘Dhumrapan or tambaku jaanlewa hai, isses Cancer hota hai”. But still, many of us blindly consume that poison product. All forms of oral tobacco have chemicals that cause cancer (carcinogens). These products can cause cancer of the mouth, throat, pancreas, and oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach). Oral and smokeless tobacco also cause many other health problems, such as gum disease, destruction of the bone sockets around the teeth, and tooth loss. They cause bad breath and stained teeth, too.
Why it is so hard to quit tobacco chewing?
Visit a person who is chewing tobacco; make him aware of its consequences, harmful effects and the quality of life when one quit tobacco! You tried a lot, but will notice no or temporary results. Why so? Even after getting known of its poisonous effects, why the person is still loving that poison! This is called addiction. As a normal human being needs food to stay alive; similarly those persons consider the addictive products as their lifeline. Nicotine is a drug found naturally in tobacco, which is as addictive as heroin or cocaine. Over time, a person becomes physically dependent on and emotionally addicted to nicotine.
Nicotine enters the bloodstream from the mouth or nose and is carried to every part of your body. It affects many parts of the body, including your heart and blood vessels, your hormones, the way your body uses food (your metabolism), and your brain. Nicotine causes pleasant feelings and distracts the user from unpleasant feelings. This makes the tobacco user want to use more. Nicotine also acts as a kind of depressant by interfering with the flow of information between nerve cells. A pregnant mother who is habituated for tobacco will preferable bear malformed and underdeveloped child.
Now, we shall be talking about the different techniques and measure, through which one can quit their habit of chewing tobacco. Not only the medications and treatment works, most important thing is your self-examination and dedication. Once you make your mind; Yes I will quit and remove this poison from my life; the no one can stop you for this. You will get eager to find ways to kick tobacco out.
Remedies to Quit tobacco chewing:-
1. Go with plenty of Exercises-
As a fact, when wrong habits and poisonous substances has enveloped your mind; you will not be able to respond to any remedy. First and the foremost thing to be done is ‘Exercises’.
- Every morning, go for walking and jogging in open fields and grounds. It will help you to get mentally stable and fit.
- Become physically active, whether it’s at a gym, with friends or on your own. Something as simple and easy as walking will help.
- Just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity can make a tobacco craving go away.
- Include deep-breathing exercises, muscle relaxation, yoga, visualization, hypnosis and massage; it will help a lot.
2. Get fibrous and rely to fruits and vegetables-
- A person with tobacco always wants to have junk and fast foods.
- It becomes very ad for their health.
- When you have aspired to quit tobacco, the be strict with your diet.
- Apple, mango, pomegranate, oranges, grapes, watermelon etc are the refreshing fruits which helps you to hate those addictive elements.
- Green vegetables, sprouts, legumes etc must be there in your diet.
- If you are non-vegetarian then include salmon, eggs, meat and fish in your diet. These are rich in protein and Iron; thus making you much stable to get healthier.
3. Herbal Remedies-
- Take 2 leaves of Holy Basil and 2 leaves of Brahmi; chew this and eat every morning nd evening. It is the best thing to reduce the habit of addiction and even cures the problems which have taken place in past due to such tobacco.
- Whenever you feel and get attracted to Tobacco; take few seeds of carom and mulethi. Chew them. Chewing them regularly will erase your habit of addiction.
- Replace your cup of milk tea with a cup of green tea or herbal tea.
- Radish is also a good thing to reduce the addiction of Tobacco.
- Instead of plain water, take warm water with cumin seeds boiled in it.
4. Mental set-up-
- You ca join some meditation classes; so that you acquire full energy to free tobacco.
- Pranayama such as Udgeeth pranayama, Anulom vilom pranayama etc are very useful.
- You can also go with some asanas like Bhujngasana, Vajrasana, Shalabhasana and minor exercises too.
Guys tobacco, cigarette, alcohol etc are some of the unwanted things which is not required for a beautiful world. We humans are only encouraging these; guess if everyone will quit having this then what will be the impact! Animals are better than us, who are freed from such things. Be human and throw out such things not just from your lives but from this world too. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.