Hairs are the type of our friends. They accompany us as per our mood; when we feel happy and cheerful our hair turns healthy and glossy; as we turns upset our hair too gets fizzy and damp. Due to several factors, our beautiful hairs has to suffer from different problems which are really hated by everyone. Some of the common hair problems faced by us are; hair lice, dandruff, hair fall, premature greying of hairs and many more.
All these problems are majorly faced by girls itself! Men also suffers from many hair problems but those are quite rare and often. Here, we will be talking about one of the evergreen hair problem called ‘Hair Dandruff’. It is common among all whether it is a men or a women. We call it evergreen because it is seen in all the climates as well as the seasons.
What is Hair Dandruff?
Dandruff refers to the flaking scalp which falls like snow flakes and settles on one’s brows, shoulders and clothes. It is an unpleasant, irritating condition associated with the bacteria, in the excessive formation of scale on the scalp. These scales are formed from the horny layer of the skin.It is a common condition, which is marked by itching. In some cases it can be embarrassing and not easy to treat.
Symptom of Dandruff:-
Many times, dandruff is considered and assumed as the dry flakes of the scalp. Actually, it is not true; those dry flakes are different and the dandruff is the different thing. Following are the symptoms of Dandruff;
- Increased scaliness
- Appearance of lumps or crusts on the scalp
- Severe itching on scalp
- Redness of scalp
- Head may feel tight and itchy
- Soreness of scalp and head
- Oily look of the white flakes
Causes of Dandruff:-
There can be many causative factors responsible for Dandruff, some of them are listed below;
- People who do not comb or brush their hair regularly have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff – this is because they are not aiding the shedding of skin that combing or brushing provides.
- People who are sensitive to yeast have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff, so it is logical to assume that yeast may play a part.
- Impairment of general health can also be one of the important reasons for Dandruff.
- Harsh shampoos and exposure to cold and general exhaustion.
- Lowered vitality due to infectious diseases.
- Some experts say that people who do not consume enough foods that contain zinc, Vitamin B, and some types of fats are more prone to dandruff.
Treatment for Dandruff:-
For the treatment of Dandruff, every field has its own suggestions as well as tips. Numerous medicated shampoos are available in the market for the treatment of Dandruff. Most of these, however, in the process of curing disorder, causes irreparable damage to the hair roots because of the synthetic ingredients contained in them. The treatment of dandruff has to be largely constitutional, if a permanent cure desired! Here we will talking about the nature cure and Home remedies for the Dandruff which is feasible and good for all. It has negligible or no side-effects.
Home Remedies for Dandruff cure:-
Homes remedies are eco-friendly and good for all. It can be afforded by all after all it mostly considers your kitchen products itself. So, let’s have a look to those home remedies which are best suited for Dandruff;
- The use of fenugreek (methi) seeds is one such remedy. Soak 2 tablespoons of the seeds for overnight and make a paste in morning. Apply the paste all over the scalp for half an hour.
- The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice while rinsing your hairs is the best thing. You can also use vinegar instead; it is also very good thing to cure dandruff.
- Apply sour curd mixed with citrus juice; on the scalp as well as the hairs. It is very effective thing. It should be not used by those suffering from cold problems and any kind of allergies.
- A person should intake 3-4 litres of water a day. It hydrates your body as well as the scalp which automatically erases the dandruff.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits, sprouts, grain cereals, millets and brown rice must be there in a diet; all these are very less in calories and rich in fibres.
- Strict attention to diet is essential for recovery. Starchy protein and fatty foods should be restricted.
- Dandruff can be removed by massaging one’s hair for half-an-hour with curd and lime.
- Another measure which helps to counteract dandruff is to dilute cider vinegar with and equal quantity of water and dab this on hair with cotton wool in between shampooing.
- Exposure of the head to the rays of the sun is also a good measure to avoid and prevent dandruff.
- Extra amount of aerated drinks, sugary products, ice cream extra should be minimized.
- You can also apply the paste of baking soda mixed with water; it has anti-inflammatory properties which heals the disorder.
- Massage your hair with oil on every alternate days; you can even use olive oil, coconut oil or some medicated oil as per your choice.
So, in this way we saw some of the useful as well as the effective cum feasible therapies to get rid of Dandruff. These unwanted afflictions should be treated as fast as possible; if stayed for a longer time they can even result in hair fall, fungal infections even the eczema too! Stay healthy and live well!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.