There are certain organs in our body which is very important to form a healthy individual. All the organs has its respective ailments and deformities. Here, we will be talking about the most serious intestinal disorder called ‘Appendicitis‘. It is the disease of Appendix. Our concerned topic will be Herbal Treatment to cure Appendicitis.
Intestines are the longest parts of our body. The intestines are vital organs in the gastrointestinal tract of our digestive system. Their functions are to digest food and to enable the nutrients released from that food to enter into the bloodstream. Our intestines consist of two major subdivisions: the small intestine and the large intestine. The small intestine is much smaller in diameter, but is much longer and more massive than the large intestine. There are numerous diseases related to this part.
Our concerned topic is Appendicitis which is the disease of Appendix. Now what is Appendix? Before moving to the disease, let’s first talk about the organ or part; so that it will be convenient for you to read and to grasp the knowledge easily.
What is Appendix?
The vermiform appendix is also referred to as the vermix, the cecal appendix, or appendix. It is a tube that connects to the cecum. The cecum is the structure of the colon that resembles a pouch. The location of the appendix is close to the junction of the large intestine and the small intestine. As other body parts, appendix is also the one.
In Latin, the term “vermiform” means worm-shaped. Although the appendix ranges from a length of two centimetres to twenty centimetres, the average length is ten centimetres. Its structure is made of the same tough fibrous outer covering that protects the entire alimentary canal. The appendix usually has a diameter between seven and eight millimetres. Appendix is considered as a vestigial organ meaning that it has no use.
Blockage of the appendix can lead to appendicitis, a type of inflammation that is painful and potentially deadly. A blocked appendix can eventually burst, which releases dangerous bacteria into the abdominal cavity. Appendicitis is usually treated with an appendectomy, surgical removal of the appendix.
So, this was the small description of Appendix, its nomenclature and also the Appendicitis. So now, let’s know this in detail.
What is Appendicitis disease?
Appendicitis is the most common of all serious intestinal disorders. It refers to an inflammation of the vermiform appendix. It presents itself in acute and chronic forms and affects both the sexes equally. The disease can be life threatening if the appendix bursts, but doctors usually remove it surgically before this happens.Appendicitis can even occur between the age of 10-30. The disease is very frequent in developed countries.
Symptoms of Appendicitis:-
- Belly button pain
- Fever and chills
- Inability to pass gas (break wind, fart)
- Sudden pain in abdomen
- Rapidly worsening pain
- Loss of appetite
- Gas and Bloating
Mechanism for the worsening of Appendicitis:-
The muscles of the right abdomen become tense and rigid. The pain increases on the right side , in such cases coughing and sneezing makes the pain get worse. If the inflammation continues to increase, the appendix may rupture and discharge its pus into the abdominal cavity. This may result in a serious state known as peritonitis. The temperature rises and the patient becomes pale and cold. This condition may call for urgent operation.A perforated appendix can be fatal. The risk of death is highest in infants and the elderly.
Appendicitis pain may start off as mild cramping. It often becomes more steady and severe with time. You will not necessarily notice changes in your bowel habits. However, sometimes appendicitis can affect urination.
Causes for Appendicitis:-
Appendicitis can be due to many reasons, some of which are given below-
- Appendicitis is caused by a toxic bowel condition.
- When the excessive amount of poisonous waste materials is accumulated in the caecum then it may lead to the serious inflammation.
- Habitual usage of aperient drugs is a potent factor which contributes to the disorder.
- Presence of germs in the intestinal tract may also lead to such disorders.
- Scientists think this condition is caused by an obstruction in the appendix. Obstruction may be either partial or complete.
- When the organ becomes feverish then the bacteria multiplies very heavily which increases the fatalness.
Herbal Treatment for Appendicitis:-
Now, we shall be talking about the treatment of Appendicitis; and it will be the Herbal Treatment. In Allopath, the best and the immediate way is “surgery”. It removes the part so that the symptoms get erased and the disease is cured. But there are many persons who do not want to go for operation or are not liable to pay for that. Well, herbal treatment ranks the first in any kinds of treatments and here we will be talking the same.
- Green gram is one of the most trusted home remedies for appendicitis. Appendicitis can be effectively treated with a dosage of 1 tablespoon of green gram consumed thrice daily.
- In Appendicitis, fever is very common. For that, a decoction of basil leaves can be given.
- A mixture of ginger and turmeric can be consumed to ease the pain and inflammation of the appendix.
- You can prevent the disease by having a cup of fenugreek tea daily. It helps to prevent the accumulation of intestinal wastes and excess mucus.
- Buttermilk is a very good remedy to treat chronic appendicitis. Have it on a daily basis and see its curing action.
- Mint also helps to relieve the pain due to appendicitis. Every 3 to 4 hours drink water with 2 to 3 drops of mint essence in it.
- Rest is of utmost importance in the treatment of this disease.
- A person should rely on a diet of fresh fruit and vegetable juices; in the chronic cases only a little amount of solid food should be given. Doing so, fastens the recovery.
- To cure the inflammation include leafy vegetables in your diet. Being highly fibrous and low in calorie it is the best measure to sooth your recovery.
- Application of hot fomentation and abdominal packs every morning and nights gives relief.
- An abdominal massage is also beneficial and if done in the primary stage, it can even rescue to the chances of surgery.
- Prepare a cup of ginseng tea and have it twice daily, as it helps in curing the pain and inflammation of the appendix.
- Mix 100 ml each of cucumber and beet juices in 300 ml of carrot juice and drink it twice in a day daily.
Diseases are liked y none! But many times we have to face it and that is no more than a struggle for us in which our life is threatened. Guys, Lord Dhanvantari who gifted the bless of longevity through Ayurveda and Nature care is getting fade now. Now people are mostly seen preferring the modern medicine instead of those satisfactory and eased natural ways. Wake up guys and prefer those miracles which the nature has gifted you! Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.