Health is the name of that entity in which all the body functions work in good aspects. One of the major role is of body immunity cells to keep body out from the range of noxious and toxic living and non-living things. Sometimes, these body immunity cells are misguided and attack their own body cells, tissues and systems. These autoimmune diseases cause various ailments, from which one is ulcerative colitis.Diet in Ulcerative Colitis with Home remedies can be easily taken at home
ULCERATIVE COLITIS is a deep rooted, long lasting disorder that tends to produce ulcers which are sores and cause swelling together with irritated inflammation.
It is a disease of gastrointestinal tract, place where it cause inflammation. As it creates inflammation, it is considered in the class of inflammatory bowel diseases.
This disease swallows the area of colon and narrows the size of intestine, making that area hard which causes problem for stools passing.
This disease can be looked out if a person having blood or pus with diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, nausea, fever, weight loss, low blood count, anemia, rashes, joint pain and irritation in the eyes. Blood with the problem of diarrhea and discomfort in abdomen are the main symptoms for recognizing the disease.
This disease is more common in the ages of 15 to 30 and 60. This disease has more chances to grow in the families where members already have IBD.
The problem of ulcerative colitis can be due to environmental factors, overactive immune system and genetic causes. The chances of being diseases increases with Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, oral contraceptives, antibiotics and high fat diet.
Ulcerative colitis can be diagnosed by knowing the person medical and family history, physical examination, lab tests including bloods test and stool sample, CT scan, endoscopies include colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy.
ULCERATIVE COLITIS CAN BE MANAGED WITH HEALTHY DIET HABITS AND FRUITFUL HOME REMEDIES.
As it is found that various foods applicable to provoke adverse immune response in the digestive tract, so by not taking these and adding those foods which are helpful to manage the condition, can repair the symptoms and case of ulcerative colitis.
DIET IN ULCERATIVE COLITIS
No to refined carbohydrates and high protein foods
Need to manage ulcerative colitis, need to eliminate refined carbs from the diet. As these carbs or sugars root to create many major problems. One major problem sugar creates in pH system. It abrupts and increases pH in lower bowel. This acidic pH mess up with the normal bacterial flora in the colon and causes diarrhea. Another complication sugar creates is to feed various unhealthy kinds of bacteria and yeast-like fungi such as candida, which if goes out of control can create systemic infections that favor to cause ulcerative colitis. High protein foods as red meat should be avoided as can cause gas in the colon. Protein be in the range of moderation.
High fiber diet
- Diet enriched with fibers are best for ulcerative colitis. These includes vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, red bell peppers, onions, peas, pigeon peas, chick peas and beans etc., fruits like banana, blueberries, dates, fig, guava, apples, kiwi and oranges etc., and whole grains.
- Be careful in selecting food item which suits you personally.
Add oils to diet
- Foods enrich in omega-3 fatty acids should be taken. These help to reduce inflammation.
More water intake
- Water intake help to manage the condition of ulcerative colitis. Various kinds of juices such as of cabbage, apples, cucumber, and green-grass. Yet some liquids can cause problem like alcohol, caffeine, sodas (carbonated) and prune juice as these cause inflammation and make diarrhea worst.
Eat precise meals
- Take five to six meals a day. As this provides less burden on your digestive system and helps to reduce abdomen discomfort.
WITH PROPER AND REFINED DIET, THE HOME REMEDIES ARE ALSO THERE TO MANAGE ULCERATIVE COLITIS.
- It is the best found ingredient in the Indian kitchens. It is proven to be a great home remedy for ulcerative colitis as it’s enrich with anti-inflammatory, digestive and anti-oxidant properties. Yet consume not in excess.
It can be taken as
- Add two tablespoon of grated ginger in a cup of water and boil it. Strain and drink as tea regularly. Honey and lemon juice can also be add in the tea. Consume when not very hot.
Fenugreek or Methi
- Methi is enriched in proteins, fibers, vitamins like A and C with minerals like iron and calcium. These helps to make protective layering along the digestive tract and decreases inflammation in the digestive tract.
How to consume?
- Take one teaspoon of crushed methi seeds and add to a cup of hot water.
- Boil it for 5 minutes then strain and drink regularly.
- It is very common plant with anti-inflammatory properties, helps to treat mild to moderate ulcerative colitis.
- Be cautious to consume it in large amount.
How it can be taken?
- Just take one quarter cup of aloe vera mixed with water
- Aloe vera juice can be mix with little turmeric as these have anti-inflammatory properties.
It helps to reduce swelling and cleans the colon. It also helps in easy stool passing and in growth of healthy gut bacteria.
How to take?
- Churn the curd and collects the butter.
- Skim off the butter and use the left butter milk.
- Don’t add any topping like salt etc.
- Drink three glasses daily.
- These are enriched with many vitamins and minerals phosphorous and iron that prevents ulcers.
How to take?
- Take the apple, cut and boil.
- Eat steamed apples twice a day.
- It soothes colon, rectum and helps to cure swelling and ulcers.
How to take?
- Take two teaspoon of chamomile leaves and add in a cup of boiled water.
- Leave for tem minutes, strain, add honey and drink two to three cups daily.
With proper Diet in Ulcerative Colitis with Home remedies can be easily managed at home.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.