Skin diseases are not only the physical interruption of skin texture and glands; but also a kind of social stigma. Especially, the major ones which makes your look ugly and patchy. Today, we will be talking about a major kind of skin disease called Leucoderma or Vitiligo. It is the skin ailment characterized by white patches on the skin complexion. It is mainly caused due the extinction of melanin from skin parts. We will be talking how to cure this through the oldest and the goldest treatment called; Ayurveda.
Skin is the uppermost part of our body which defines our colour and texture. There are many diseases which are correlated to skin; Leucoderma, scleroderma, psoriasis, eczema, acne and many more are there. All these are quite tougher in their own types.
What is Leucoderma?
Leucoderma or Vitiligo is a distressing skin condition marked by gradual loss of melanocytes, the cells responsible for producing melanin pigment in skin layers which results in irregular white patches. The word literally means ‘white skin’ and is called ‘safed kusht’ in Hindi. In this disease, there is a gradual loss of pigment melanin from the skin layers which results in white patches. These patches look ugly, especially in the persons with dark complexion. It seems like there is a different coloured skin over your skin surface. As the disease persists, it mentally harasses you making you feel embarrassed and shy.
It can occur at any age in either sex in normal skin. However, it is more common in women than men. It mostly affects the hands, back, face etc. This very disease has hampered 1-2% of world’s population; which counts 6-7 crores individuals.
Symptoms of Leucoderma:-
To get that one is suffering from leucoderma, there are many indications also called symptoms. Some of them are given below-
- Development of white spots on skin which persists day by day
- Itchiness on skin
- Mood disorders etc.
Causes of Leucoderma:-
The ultimate and intact cause of Leucoderma is till not founded. Leucoderma is not caused by any germs; nor is it due to bad blood. It is neither infectious nor contagious. It cannot be transmitted from one person to another by physical contact.
Some diagnosed causes of Leucoderma are listed below-
- Excessive mental worry
- Chronic or acute gastric disorder
- Impaired hepatic function such as Jaundice
- Heredity also causes 30 percent of the disease factors.
Treatment for Leucoderma:-
In different fields, there are different types of treatment and procedures available for Leucoderma. In Allopath, there are numerous medication, tablets, injections etc available for the treatment. Applying steroids, treating with rays, laser treatment, skin transplant, camouflage etc are available. As a fact, all these treatments are not for the full cure. It is like stitching a piece of cloth over the burnt surface. It even do not provide satisfaction to the patient. Now, let’s move to our concerned treatment topic which is “Ayurveda”. Ayurveda offers you a complete treatment for the disease.
What is Ayurveda and how does it works?
Ayurveda also called “science of life” or longevity, is the holistic alternative science from India, and is more than 5,000 years old. It is believed to be the oldest healing science in existence, forming the foundation of all others. Ayurveda is said to be a world medicine, is the most holistic or comprehensive medical system available.According to Ayurveda, Leucoderma arises from aggravation of Vayu, Pitta, Kapha, blood, muscle and fat. Generally, it is caused by excesses of all three doshas.
Ayurveda believes that our body is made of five elements; air, water, fire, earth and ether. The Tridosas which are; Vata, Pitta and Kapha; when they are balanced and healthy then the body is said as healthy. An interruption or disturbance in body constitution leads to diseases or afflictions. Ayurvedic treatment visualise to heal these three tridosas which automatically trees the body.
Ayurvedic treatment for Leucoderma:-
Earlier, Leucoderma was thought as the incurable disease! We are what we think, same case was applied with the disease. As alternative treatment raised, the treatments were discovered and in no time the disease was getting cured. Here, we will be dividing our treatment to four sections given as below:
- Home/Herbal Remedies
With the perfect combination of these four, one can get treated with the disease. Before you move to the treatment procedure; once be sure that you are having patience! Many persons, who are suffering from the diseases from a very long period; generally looses their patience and feels it as incurable. For those, please open your spiritual mind! For the correction, you must have visited to many religious places and prayed a lot. This time, enlighten your mind and pray to the almighty spirit present inside you.
The treatment course and timing doesn’t matters much, the thing which matters the most is your will power and self-help. Think it as; God is showing you the way for correction. March with confidence and a smile and see how your incurable diseases gets cured itself.
Pranayama is regarded as the prime cure of all the diseases. In any kind of skin disease, Pranayama is the basic one. If you follow all the therapies, except Pranayama then as a fact; all will be worthless! It is the common remedy for all the diseases. The day when a person will understand this, that day our world will get freed from afflictions and diseases. Now, you must be thinking; how does Pranayama works. When you inhale, positive energies replaces the negative energies and ultimately a start-up of disease takes place.
Following are the Pranayama routine and timing that a Leucoderma patient should follow. You should follow it with full dedication
- Bhastrika pranayama– 5 minutes
- Kapalbhati pranayama– 15-20 minutes
- Udgeeth pranayama– 5 minutes
- Bhramri pranayama– 5 minutes
- Anulom vilom pranayama– 15-20 minutes
All these will take 1 hour at least. Pranayama is compatible for everyone but for normal persons high doses are not allowed. If you are suffering from chronic Leucoderma then you can increase the timing to 2 hours even. Make a schedule of morning and evening for better results.
It is also one of the most effective therapy which defines that there are certain points present in our body which has the interlinking of certain body part. If you gently press and massage those points then the part or concerned disease will get cured easily.
- Press the bottom of ring and little finger; especially of right hand. Press it 5-10 times.
- Kidney point; which is on the middle of palm should be surely pressed.
- It activates the veins and melanin thus curing the disease.
3. Home/Herbal remedies:
These are fully natural and free from side-effects. In addition it also offers you a fit and healthy treatment for Leucoderma-
- Take 100-100 gm of cow’s urine, cow’s dung and neem leaves juice. Make sure that all are ‘Desi’ ones. Extract the juice from it and mix well. Store in a glass bottle. Apply on the affected areas twice a day.
- Bacha churna it is one of the effective remedies to cure leucoderma. You can apply it or eat it. To make pure Bawachi churna go with the procedure. Soak the bawachi seeds in cow’s urine. Change the urine daily and repeat the process for 7 days.
- Now, dry the seeds in shade and make a powder. Mix the powder with cow’s urine and neem juice; applying on the patches. Refrigerate the juice so that it stays fresh for a longer time.
- Take 1 teaspoon of bawachi powder, 20-50 gm of cow’s urine and 1 teaspoon of neem juice. Take this twice a day after meals.
- Take the bark of Arjuna tree and grind it to form powder. Apply it with cow’s urine on the affected areas.
- Take punarnava mool with the neem juice daily.
- Take Kayakalp vati 20 gm, amrita sat 20 gm and bawachi churna 50 gm. Mix well and give 1/2-1/2 gm to kids twice a day and 1-1 gm to adults twice a day. It should be taken in an empty stomach. You can take it with water or cow’s urine.
- Kayakalp oil should also be applied on the affected areas at day time
- Mahamanjirarisht; it should be taken as 4 spoon medicine and 4 spoon of water. It should be taken twice a day after the meals.
Well, asanas are not compulsory in the treatment of Leucoderma. It gets treated with the above listed treatments and diet routine only. Yoga is generally meant to cure disorders which related to joints, bones or internal afflictions. Well, if one is suffering from chronic Leucoderma and is victim from a longer time then you can also include Yogasanas. There are seven Yougasanas which are listed below-
- Shashankasana also called Rabbit pose
- Madukasana also called Frog pose
- Bhujangasana also called Serpent pose
- Shalabhasana also called Locust pose
- Bakasana or Crow pose
- Pavanmuktasana also called Wind-relieving pose
- Some minor exercises should also be included for best results.
One who follows the full routine of the treatment gets well soon. All these are highly beneficial and affordable by everyone. Now, we shall be telling while the treatment is going on; what to avoid and what to include in diet and routine.
Do’s for Leucoderma treatment-
- Stress (physical or emotional) has been found to be the prime trigger of genealogical disturbances that result in and promote the growth of vitiligo.Hence, one should say no to stress for the full cure.
- One should get up in ‘Brahmmuhrat‘ which is 4:30 am. This time the sun-rays are very effective, one should sit in sun for 30 minutes so that the body absorbs the warmth. It brings out your real colour and treats the disease.
- Take a handful of pomegranate leaves and powder them fine. Take about 8 grams of this powder , twice daily, with a glass of water.
- You can opt to Raw juice therapy. Your diet should with steamed vegetables, boiled fruits etc.
- Cook turmeric powder with mustard oil. Cook till only the oil is left. Apply this oil on the white patches regularly.
- A paste made from radish seeds is valuable in treating leucoderma.
Don’t for Leucoderma-
- Say no to coffee, tea and aerated drinks.
- You should also subtract pizzas, refined confectionery, sweets, white flour and spicy food from your diet.
- One should not take ‘mooli ke parathe’ with milk.
- Vegetables such as brinjal, pumpkin, arbi leaves, rajma, chole etc are bad in such cases.
- One should not take gram flour or products made from gram flour in diet.
- For the full cure, just obstruct non-vegetarian stuffs from your diet.
- If you want soon cure the restrict sugar and salt from your diet.
So, this was the complete cure for Leucoderma. If you are diagnosed with leucoderma then don’t panic, your panic will make it much severe. Stay positive, have faith on god, follow-up routine and see yhow the ailment extinguishes naturally. Take care and live well!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.