A perfect body weight loss is sign of good personality. To obtain a perfect body obese people try to starve themselves which is not a solution as it may lead to various other health issues. There are various weight loss herbal remedies gifted by Mother Nature.
Obesity has become the serious health issue these days because it may lead to various health complications like heart disease, gallbladder diseases, stroke, high blood pressure ,liver diseases, osteoarthritis and gynecological problems.
Ayurveda is the science of life which helps to protect the health and prolong the life. In Ayurveda treatment of diseases is done with use of herbs.
There are various herbs like:
- Vrikshamla (Garciniacambogia)
- Mustak (cyperusrotundus)
- Triphala (Emblicaofficinalis)
- Guggul (Comniphoramukul)
- Chitrak (Plumbagozeylanica)
- Shunthi (Zingiberofficinale)
- Twak (Plumbagozeylanica)
- Ashok (Saracaindica)
- Khadira(Acacia Arabica)
In Ayurveda which are beneficial for the treatment of obesity.
Obesity is the condition when excess fat is deposited in the body. Obesity is diagnosed when body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. Being overweight results in various health issues like finding it difficult to do physical activity.Diabetes, high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, heart complications, liver diseases and gall stones are associated with obesity.
ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA CAUSE OF OBESITY:
In Ayurevda, obesity is also known as Medorog. There are three energies in our body vata, pitta and kapha which are important for good health. Obesity is caused by aggravation of kapha dosha. Kapha dosha in a balanced state provides the nutrition to the tissues by several micro ways. But in the imbalanced state, kaphadosha leads to the toxins (ama) production in the body.
These toxins accumulate in the weaker passage of body which leads to their blockage. In case of obese people, toxins accumulation occurs in the medovahisrotas (fat channels) which results in increased production of fat tissues (Medadhatu). So when there is increased production of fat tissues in body, it results in increased weight.
In Ayurveda, there are various herbs which are very helpful to manage the problem of obesity. Herbs have healing properties which encourage our body to increase our basal metabolic rate and help to reduce extra fat from body
10 effective weight loss herbal remedies
- Vrikshamla (Garciniacambogia) – This herb has the great medicinal importance from ancient times in ayurevda. It helps to control the appetite and reduces the fat deposition in body tissues. In various studies it has been found that this herb contains a compound HCA (Hydroxycitric acid) which acts as a weight reducing agent. Thus vrikshmla is an effective weight loss herbal remedy for the obese persons.
- Mustak (cyperusrotundus) – This herb is very beneficial to resolve the digestive problems. It helps in the digestion of ama (toxins) and decrease the fat deposition in the body. It also works as an astringent.
- Triphala (Emblicaofficinalis) – Triphala is one of effective herbal weight loss remedy. It is mixture of herbal fruit powders which is helpful in the absorption of nutrients and increases the fat metabolism of your body.
- Guggul (Comniphoramukul) – Guggul is a plant resin extract and its properties are helpful in weight loss. It helps to improve the digestion and increase the fat metabolism in body. Thus it helps in the reduction of fat deposition in the body.
- Chitrak (Plumbagozeylanica) – Chitrak is an effective natural remedy for weight loss. This herb is quite effective to reduce weight as it helps to pacify increased kapha dosha. It helps to control appetite and also improves the digestion.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) – Shunthi which is commonly known as ginger has great medicinal importance in Ayurveda. It is an effective weight loss herbal remedy. It accelerates the metabolism of body and helps to burn the calories in a natural way.
- Twak (Plumbago zeylanica) –This herb is packed with excellent properties for weight loss. It helps to improve digestion and controls appetite. It also reduces the fat deposition in body.
- Ashok (Saraca indica) –Ashok has great medicinal importance from ancient time. It helps to balance the kaphadosha which is the major cause of obesity. It acts as an astringent and help in reduction of fat deposition.
- Khadira (Acacia Arabica) – This is an effective weight loss herbal remedy to resolve the problem of obesity. This herb helps to pacify the tridoshas – vata, pitta and kapha. It helps to control appetite.
Above mentioned 10 herbs are best herbs for the obesity; because these herbs help to increase the metabolic rate and reduce the extra fat from body in a natural way. However herbs take time to show their effects on the body but their effects are long lasting without any side effects.
Besides these top 10 herbs there are few more herbs in Ayurveda which are also beneficial to reduce weight like :
- Chirbilya (Haloptela integrifolia)
- Balbach (Iris ensata)
- Babool (Acacia Arabica)
- Agnimanth (Premna mucronta)
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
- Jamun (Syzigium cumini)
- Vidang (Embelia ribes).
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.